Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
“TESOL” is the acronym for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). The field of TESOL represents one of the fastest growing educational fields in the world. The field presents thousands of excellent professional opportunities for teaching English abroad onsite or online in all corners of the globe to fluent English speakers who earn their TESOL certification.
This course will expose you to prominent learning theories and how to use them in your classroom management, lesson planning, and lesson transfer.
The course has been made useful for all those who are interested and is just not a mix of activities to fill time, but a carefully formed program to guide the participant through a learning experience.
Most teachers learn how to teach by methodologies, but this course is here to show you how to start teaching by learning theory with good results in the classroom.
Who is the target audience?
• This course is designed for all teachers and instructors regardless of their educational background and/or experience.
What Will You Learn?
• At the end of the course, you will understand the key points of the major learning theories in second language acquisition.
• At the end of each unit, you will be able to devise strategies for your classroom using the learning theory you just learned.
• During each unit, you will work through scenarios to assist in envisaging how the theory can play a role in your classroom.
• At the beginning of each unit, you will perform a “real world” activity which will help you understand the basic principles of each theory.
• Eagerness to reflect upon your teaching.
• Not a requirement, but a printer will be helpful to print out worksheets.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes