TESOL stands for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. It refers to the teaching of English to people for whom it is not their first language, whether abroad or in English-speaking countries, although it is most often used to refer to language teaching in English-speaking countries. The field of TESOL represents one of the fastest growing educational fields in the world. The field presents thousands of excellent professional opportunities to teach English abroad on-site or online in every corner of the world to English speakers who have obtained their TESOL certification.
This course will expose you to key learning theories and how to use them in your classroom management, lesson planning and lesson transfer.
The course has been made useful for all who are interested and is simply not a hodgepodge of time-consuming activities, but a carefully designed program to guide the participant through a learning experience.
Most teachers learn to teach by methodologies, but this course is here to show you how to start teaching by learning the theory with good results in the classroom.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is designed for all teachers and instructors regardless of their training and/or experience.
What are you going to learn?
- At the end of the course, you will understand the key points of the main learning theories in second language acquisition.
- At the end of each unit, you will be able to design strategies for your classroom using the learning theory you have just learned.
- During each unit you will work through scenarios to help envision how theory can play a role in your classroom.
- At the start of each unit, you will complete a “real world” activity that will help you understand the basics of each theory.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 20
- Assessments Yes