You will learn Human and Machine translation techniques and how to leverage both for each job:
Human translation essentially switches the table in terms of pros and cons. A higher standard of accuracy comes at the price of longer turnaround times and higher costs.
The advantages of human translation
• It’s a translator’s job to ensure the highest accuracy
• Humans can interpret context and capture the same meaning, rather than simply translating words
• Human translators can review their work and provide a quality process
• Humans can interpret the creative use of language, e.g. puns, metaphors, slogans, etc.
• Professional translators understand the idiomatic differences between their languages
• Humans can spot pieces of content where literal translation isn’t possible and find the most suitable alternative
The advantages of machine translation
• Many free tools are readily available (Google Translate, Skype Translator, etc.)
• Quick turnaround time
• You can translate between multiple languages using one tool
• Translation technology is constantly improving
The Diploma of Interpretation is designed to help you build the hands-on skills, practical experience and direction you need to turn your love of languages into a career.
Gain the essential qualifications for a career in professional interpreting. This diploma is suitable for those who already have bilingual skills, but have not yet reached the required level of specialised language proficiency for the Advanced Diploma of Interpreting.
Interpreters provide a critical service, helping people to overcome language barriers when accessing community services in areas such as health, education, law, business and travel.
You’ll gain basic transfer skills for interpreting in general conversational settings, learn about professional ethics, and improve language proficiency. You’ll develop the skills to conduct transactions, interactions, and negotiations at a functional level.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 18
- Assessments Yes