A Higher National Diploma (HND) in Human Resource Management is a two-year qualification that provides students with the skills and knowledge needed to pursue a career in the field of management, with an emphasis on the management aspects of human resources. The HND in Human Resource Management covers topics such as human resource planning, organizational development, labor market analysis, knowledge management, business communication for HR professionals, international human resource management, human resource accounting, contemporary HRM issues, advanced improvement in employee behavior and development, labor productivity, continuing professional development, corporate projects and industrial training, etc. .
The program aims to provide students with the following objective:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of human resource management principles, concepts and techniques, such as human resource planning, recruitment, selection, training, performance appraisal, compensation, employee relations, employment law, etc.
- Acquire practical skills in the performance of human resources functions and services for various organizations, such as the management of individual salary files, the completion of declarations dictated by law, the identification of staff training needs, the information of staff on the labor code and the particularities of the company, the management of a work team, etc.
- Improve professional skills in communication, teamwork, problem solving, leadership and ethical practices in the context of human resource management.
- Enable progression to further study at Level 6 or employment in the human resource management sector.
By completing the HND in Human Resource Management, students will be able to:
- Understand the professional and economic environment of companies and their impact on human resource management.
- Master the use of computers and other human resource management and information management documentation tools.
- Administer individual salary records and ensure accuracy and compliance with legal requirements.
- Make the declarations dictated by law and liaise with the organizations and labor authorities concerned.
- Identify staff training needs and design and implement appropriate training programs and activities.
- Define training needs and evaluate its effectiveness and results.
- Inform the staff about the labor code and the particularities of the company and ensure that it is known and respected.
- Lead a work team and motivate them to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Check staff payroll vouchers and establish payslips using appropriate methods and tools.
- Carry out the administrative follow-up of human resources operations and ensure their efficiency and quality.
- Conduct job interviews and select suitable candidates based on relevant criteria and standards.
- Follow up on outsourced service contracts and ensure their delivery and execution.
The HND in Human Resource Management opens up a range of career opportunities for graduates in various sectors, such as:
- Deputy Human Resources Manager;
- Assistant to the Human Resources Manager;
- Executive Assistant;
- Recruitment Officer;
- Salary manager.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 20
- Assessments Yes