A Higher National Diploma (HND) in Networking and Security is a two-year training program that will prepare you for a rewarding career in IT, with specialization in network and security technologies. This training covers topics such as networking, security, cloud computing , data structures and algorithms, network design, and network security. It also includes vendor accreditation opportunities from Cisco, CompTIA , and Amazon Web Services.
The HND in Networking and Security is designed to meet the needs of industry and employers, as well as the interests and aspirations of students. It aims to develop students’ abilities to apply knowledge and technical skills in practical situations, to analyze and solve problems, to communicate effectively and to work independently or in a team.
The program aims to meet the following objectives:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of network and security systems principles, concepts, and techniques, such as LAN/WAN/MAN architectures, quality of service, network economics, security policies, and security mechanisms.
- Acquire hands-on skills in designing, installing, configuring, administering, and troubleshooting network and security systems, using a variety of hardware, software, and protocols.
- Improve professional skills in communication, teamwork, problem solving, project management and ethical practice.
- To obtain vendor accreditation opportunities from leading industry partners, such as Cisco, CompTIA , and Amazon Web Services.
- Enable progression to higher education at Level 6 or employment in the networking and security industry.
By completing the HND in Networking and Security, you will be able to:
- Identify the main issues and challenges for the realization of different network architectures and their hybridization in various business and enterprise scenarios.
- Combine different network performance concepts and traffic issues to ensure quality of service (QoS) in broadband communications and optimize network economics.
- Motivate the need for network security practices in organizational units and assess risks and threats to network assets and data.
- Build foundations to evaluate contemporary security policies and security mechanisms within organizations and balance the managerial and technical aspects of network security.
- Master telecommunications equipment, such as inverters, batteries, solar panels, cables, signals, images and sounds.
- Install and configure hardware and software for networks and telecommunications systems, such as routers, switches, firewalls, servers, operating systems, applications, etc.
- Apply quality control and operating procedures to ensure the reliability and availability of network and security systems.
- Optimize the operation of a network and use common protocols, such as TCP/IP, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, VPN, etc.
- Implement and administer networks of varying sizes and complexities, using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Participate in the development of specifications and contribute to the design of a network topology or the installation of a telecommunications system. Manage and control the evolution of such an installation by choosing the equipment and software best suited to the needs and requirements.
- Coordinate the rehabilitation of a facility after incidents such as a fire or cyberattack.
Career opportunities for graduates include:
- Service companies and manufacturing network equipment;
- Telecommunications operators and Internet service providers;
- Controller of a company’s information system;
- Service companies and Computer Engineering.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 20
- Assessments Yes